June 21, 2014

Random Questions // Book Blogger Test


Thank you Kak Fiona and Aul for tagging me! Sorry it took so long.

What are your top three book pet hates?
-When great books are translated into the Indonesian version horribly. Not only the quality of translation, but also the cover, font, and else... Ugh.
-Full of angst but no happy ending books. Heh.
-Horror/thriller/books that contain rape or cheating. I try to avoid them most of the time.

Describe your perfect reading spot.
-On my bed, with blanket covering half of my body, which is turned away from any door/window in case I suddenly cry while reading.

Tell us three book confessions.
-I aways worry about books being turned into movies, because most people (who are non-readers) will judge the book based on the movie, not the book itself. And most of the time movies really do not do books any justice.
-I hate The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, a book that I read for Prose class this semester. It was my second time reading the book yet I still can't stand how horrible Amir is.
-I somehow have lost interest in local books, hence why I rarely visit local bookstores anymore. *shrug*

When was the last time you cried during a book?
-Seriously, I'm a book crier. I cry A LOT even in non-emotional parts. I can be peacefully reading and then an ONLY slightly touching moment appears and I'm like,



How many books are on your bedside table?
I don't have any bedside table...

What is your favorite snack whilst your reading?
I'm really sorry for being a toot, but it's 'you're' ;)
Almost any snack will do, actually, but mostly I eat salty biscuits.

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.


Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
No favorite, I like all my shelves! :)
Here are few of them




I know, the pictures are such a mess.
The idea of creating those books-in-the-wall shelves came to me a few years ago upon seeing my aunt making a square shaped hole in the wall to store her collection of antique vases. I thought, that's a good idea to place my books too! Luckily my parents agreed to it. The shelves clearly save places, so, yeah. I'm pretty proud of them. :)

Write how much books mean to you in just three word.
I breathe them.

What is your biggest reading secret?
-Lately, I've started to frequently read adult books (historical/contemporary)... But I still hesitate to read them in public. The covers are always.... well, you know, heheheh.

I know I haven't updated the blog for a really long time.... I apologize but truthfully right now it's a bit hard for me to get the blogging mojo back. So I thought, why not begin with simple thing such as this one?
Hopefully I will go back updating the blog regularly.
If you're still reading this, thank you!


6 comments:

  1. Hiiii Tirta! Glad to see you back :D Hope you get your mojo back soon :)
    And ooh I'm totally with you about losing interest with local book haha. And that's some amazing shelves you got there :)

    Neysa @ Papier Revue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Neysa!
      I only buy local books from my fave local authors nowadays :)

      Delete
  2. Lemari bukunya kereeen! :) Salam kenal, Tirta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! Your shelves look absolutely amazing! I really really love the feel of them. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post! I always love to share and discuss thoughts about books or simply reading your comments; they are very much appreciated! I will try to reply every one of them so make sure to check back. ❤