- Bidadari Santa Monica by Alexandra Leirissa Yunadi, a Metropop from one of my favorite local authors. Not flawless, but I enjoyed it! Read my review of the book here
- What I Thought was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick. MY FAVORITE READ OF THE MONTH. I loved My Life Next Door so much and this second book from Ms Fitzpatrick has officially sealed her status as one of the many contemporary YA authors that I love. Cassidy & Gwen <3
- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. Last book from March. There is such a big hype regarding this book, and I liked it (lovely romance, nice worldbuilding), but not as much as I hoped I would. Maybe because the book is told from third POV? I had quite a hard time 'connecting' my self with Kestrel.
- Hothouse Flower by Krista and Becca Ritchie. NA. I should've listened to what everyone said, 'read the previous books first'.... The story was enjoyable with well-fleshed out characters, but it didn't left much impression.
- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Got this book for only $1,7! Anddd I was satisfied because the story didn't end with tears running down my face. I love, looove happy ending.
- Dunia Mara by Sitta Karina. I'm sorry, but it seems like Sitta's good days are over? This one was so disappointing I couldn't believe it comes from the same author who wrote such masterpieces like Lukisan Hujan and Pesan dari Bintang.
John Legend's All of Me has been ringing in my head too much I get dizzy whenever I listen to it now (HA! Kidding. See what I did there...) Also, One Republic's Counting Stars.
If you remember, YESH I watched Divergent (TWICE) and talked about it in the blog last week. Such a satisfying adaptation. I'm still starstrucked on Theo James.
Not a movie, but My Mad Fat Diary is my newest addiction from March. It's a british TV series starring Sharon Rooney and (God's gift to girls!) Nico effin-HOT Mirallegro. The plot revolves around some big issues that are still relatable even for now (body image, suicide, dysfunctional family, sexual orientation, things like that...) I can't begin to tell you how PERFECT and impeccable this show is. British teens in the 90s, gorgeous landscapes, excellent music, super touching story, friendship, laughters, romance.... all in one.
I've been an audience of The Reader's Den as long as I've been having IPR. Jasprit and Rachel's blog were one of the very first blogs that I follow. I love their honest and convincing reviews. The Reader's Den covers quite a lot of book types (YA, NA, adult, fantasy, contemporary, paranormal..) If The Reader's Den loves a book, there's a big chance that I will love the book too. :)
- Still heartbroken over the Gwyneth Paltrow-Chris Martin's separation. 'Fix You' will never be the same again :(
- Favorite tumblr: Authenticbiatch
- A peek of Shailene Woodley through her tweets...
- SO EXCITED ABOUT The Maze Runner movie. DYLAN O'BRIEN. September can't you come faster?
- Sometimes 'quality literature' sucks, from Notebook Sisters. Love the post!
I can't believe we're on the fourth month of the year again. Just, please take care of the things that March had brought my family into, ya hear me, April? This week is my midterm tests week, fingers crossed (again!) that the result will be satisfying. Also, I'm so stoked for Laini Taylor's finale, Dreams of God and Monsters, EEEEEK
|APRIL 8TH COME AT ME NOW|
Other exciting things....
- Festival GPU 40th at JCC Senayan, April 2nd - 6th. Lots of bookish events and bazaar! More information about the celebration: http://GPU40th.tumblr.com
- Blogger Buku Indonesia's Third Anniversary on April 13th. The giveaway hop is still ongoing on IPR until April 11th, if you haven't joined it yet, well what are you waiting for? And don't forget to be on the lookout for a guest post from Books to Share next week, it's also part of the anniversary celebration. :)
- Another EXO comeback? Are they going for 'vampire' or are they going for 'opera' concept?AHHHHH I'MSONOTREADYBUTI'MALSOVERYVERYEXCITEDABOUTTHIS
What's your best read from March? What are you most excited about in April?
See you on another monthly recap! Meanwhile, have fun and read some more! :)